Antoni Muntadas and the Politics of Translation in Visual Arts (1995 - 2015)
Images related to the essay published in Studies in Visual Arts and Communication Journal Vol. 6(2), December 2019.
1. Camille Henrot, Coupé/Décalé, 2011, still from video, 35mm film transferred on Betanum, 5'20''.Courtesy the artist and Kamel Mennour, Paris.
3. Muntadas, On Translation: The Games, 1996, installation view at Atlanta College of Art Gallery. Courtesy the artist and Michela Rizzo Gallery, Venice.
5. Muntadas’s recurrent slogan in the On Translation projects.
2. Omer Fast, Godville, 2005, video installation. Courtesy of the artist and James Cohan, New York.
4. Muntadas, On Translation: Miedo/Jauf, 2007, stills from video, 53’54”. Courtesy the artist and Michela Rizzo Gallery, Venice.